47 Ronin Bitcoin Mining group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FuZion, Dec 5, 2013.

1. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

Anyone in here interested? Icewolf I think you should head this up man, we could all pitch in with our uber computers and pick away at some cash yeah?

Also, if any of you know some bottom line information on how this actually works please feel free to explain because some of this is confusing as im just reading on it now. I watched a few videos but, is it actually worth it in the long run? I don't mind leaving my computer on to pick away with you guys.

2. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

hrmmm... if I dedicated my machine while idle for bitcoin mining we might be able to draw some good cash flow for the servers... I have a buddy who mines for a few k a year... but he has like a 5 blade server rack... this would be a cool community effort that might make some dollas for the servers...

3. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

1BTC = >$1200 lol

HD7950 and HD7970 are popular to dig up these BTC. Wait....I have 2x and Fusion got 1x :)
    It best to mine in group though

4. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

5. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

Damn... I need to try and mine for bitcoins with my titans.... I need every dollar I can come by... That is if we don't start a 47R pool

Sent from my Nexus 5

6. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

Well if we can get our greedy little gaming hands on one bitcoin, that's 1200$ to split between us. It's 6gigs of crypted data that we have to crunch through so I'm sure it's no easy task. We can link the account to the server and maybe ice can hand out payments via PayPal with some for the server as well.

I'm gonna make a hypothesis and say 25 of us hit this for a month, that's 50$ each a month, 600 a year. You know just try it out.

7. fAt Kaka

fAt Kaka The 47 Ronin

If this was 7 months to 1 year ago, yes. This opportunity will make us money.

I am not an expert on this, but my friend calculated the cost of energy to run the machines will exceed the profit. i.e. it's much much more difficult to mine than it was some time ago.

I hope you guys know something I don't, so we can get this rolling. Is it possible to set up a bunch of PS3 in series for this job? I mean, that's a lot cheaper than bundle up all the nice PCs that we game with everyday.

Let's sell drugs instead.

8. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Welp if anyone using solar panel or those company that lease you solar panel for a flat rate energy cost won't be an issue :D

But yea mining Bitcoin sounds like a good idea but its pain in the ass as well XD

9. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

Shhh! There watching! But ok. I'm up to season 5 breaking bad. I can do it.

10. built[4]sin

built[4]sin Staff Member Moderator

what's the theory behind this practice? i keep hearing about bitcoins and the mining of bitcoins, but i don't understand it at all