What's new

120/144 Hz Monitors

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
Every summer I treat myself to one computer upgrade :) Last year it was the video card, the year before it was a chip/mobo. I think year before that was the monitor I have now.

I'm going to miss the nice colors of my IPS :(

I went ahead and ordered the BenQ, btw.

CutScene

I use the asus. Well worth it. Used to use a 120Hz, not much difference between 120/144 but far better than the 60Hz. If you use the 144Hz long enough you can tell when it's not 144 by "ghosting on windows" or every will look slightly off.

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
fyi, when i kill u, it's with a 7yr old 60hz monitor. if i die, thats also my excuse... i have a 7yr old 60hz monitor, lol.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Still trying to decide. Either keep, sell, or give to my brother. If I sell it I will let you know.
If your going to spend the money on a good monitor don't get a TN monitor, get an IPS G sync 144hz monitor. Don't waste your money on overpriced TN shit, that technology is old and there still trying to sell it for a premium. IPS is where the quality is at, don't listen to people who say ips is slow and there's ghosting, it's perfectly fine with gaming.

With that being said, g sync is overpriced, but there's nothing on the market that can touch g sync unless it has adaptive sync, but that's still relatively new and nvidia is making damn sure g sync takes over the market, it's like (g sync)blu ray vs (freesync)HD DVD.

Sorry for typo's, my phone is a piece of shit sometimes

Last edited:

yarr

The 47 Ronin
I use the asus. Well worth it. Used to use a 120Hz, not much difference between 120/144 but far better than the 60Hz. If you use the 144Hz long enough you can tell when it's not 144 by "ghosting on windows" or every will look slightly off.
Which Asus model do you use? I went to checkout monitors yesterday at Frys and the ASUS were nice but I was definitely leaning towards the BenQ :)

el jorge loco

Staff member
If your going to spend the money on a good monitor don't get a TN monitor, get an IPS G sync 144hz monitor. Don't waste your money on overpriced TN shit, that technology is old and there still trying to sell it for a premium. IPS is where the quality is at, don't listen to people who say ips is slow and there's ghosting, it's perfectly fine with gaming.

With that being said, g sync is overpriced, but there's nothing on the market that can touch g sync unless it has adaptive sync, but that's still relatively new and nvidia is making damn sure g sync takes over the market, it's like (g sync)blu ray vs (freesync)HD DVD.

Sorry for typo's, my phone is a piece of shit sometimes
look he's still alive!